Purpose: To train and equip young footballers to excel in highly competitive and professional playing environments.
Requirements: In addition to tryouts, in order to participate in the Duluth FC Academy, players must meet and maintain the following conditions:
- Be 16 years of age and no older than 23 years of age as of January 1st, 2021. (Birth years 2004–1997)
- Maintain exemplary personal conduct at training, matches, and in the community.
- Commit to attending all practices designated by the coaching staff.
- Commit to attending home matches even if not selected for the matchday roster. Excused absences are permitted but must be communicated to the head coach minimum 2 days in advance.
- Commit to travel to away matches if selected for the matchday roster. Excused absences are permitted but must be communicated to the head coach minimum 7 days in advance.
- Commit to following all the sporting guidelines provided by the coaching staff for the entire season.
- Commit to attend other team events when requested. Excused absences must be communicated to the head coach or manager a minimum of two days in advance.
- Pay the season fee of $400 per player. For scholarships please speak privately with the head coach or general manager. No player will be rejected due to inability to pay the season fee.
Benefits: All Duluth FC Academy footballers selected by the coaching staff will receive the following benefits:
- Professional training with the club’s first team for the entire season.
- Playing kits and other training equipment.
- Minimum 5 competitive matches with the Duluth FC Academy team.
- Opportunity for call-up to the Duluth FC first team.
- Sporting guidelines provided based on testing and observations by the club’s coaching and training staff.
- Player insurance for all matches and training designated by the club’s coaching staff. (Please note this is secondary insurance; thus players must hold primary insurance.)
- Liability insurance for matchday activities designated by the club staff.
- Registration in the National Premier Soccer League.
- Recommendations for college soccer programs.
- Livestream of official matches on the club’s channel.
- Opportunity to develop a professional personalized highlights video. (A nominal production fee will be assessed.)
Head Coach – Sean Morgan
Assistant & Academy Coach – Brandon Stemwedel
Manager – Mark Magnuson